KIN's Music

Monday, July 5, 2010

HOME

Frankly speaking, I can tell that I am a quite traditional Chinese. Why do I say so? It is because there are many things are important to Chinese based on tradition. For example, during dinner, I will have to call everyone to eat before I start my meal. Although it is a small tradition, it does mean a lot which shows the personality of own selves. For Chinese, home is playing an important role. I believe it goes the same to other races too. Once we are born, we are so lucky so have our own home, not like some of those unlucky ones, being abandoned by their birth parents. I am so sorry to hear that too.


My first home should be in Jalan Chow Kit which is near to The Mall and PWTC now. That place used to be a very crowded and busy place. But somehow it is being polluted by some of the industries which it symbolize Chow Kit road now. I am quite disappointed to see that. There is not much memories in the house at Chow Kit road, because we were moved to Cheras since I was 3-month-old. That is a flat called Block 10 aside with Block 8. There are two rooms, a living room, a kitchen and a toilet for a 5-members- family. I do really have a lot of memories there, either happy ones or sad ones…


No. 10-2-2 was my house number, meaning that it is the second house on the second floor at Block 10. During my youth, I always stay in house due to the strict tutoring of my parents. However, I did have fun during mooncake festival to play lantern at the corridor in front on my house. That time I should be 3 of age. Other than that, I always stay at home to play with my toys, Power rangers, Ultraman, Cybercop and etc. these toys are still in my room now. Besides, I also had some pretend play in the house. Haha..it is such a funny thing to tell. That period, Jackie Chan’s supercop movie series were so famous, so I pretended to be Jackie Chan running here and there to chase after the bad guys based on my imagination with some functional play (running, jumping, falling and etc.). it is weird to use such word, because I got this word from design assignment..Haha...


My house was always full of noise…either the noise of quarrellings between sisters and me or the crying of getting scold by my mother…or maybe the sound system of the speakers which my dad likes to turn high the volume during watching the movies. These are the positive experience for my house.

For the negative part, I would say that it was my dad. He passed away on the year of 2005 which I was form 4. All of us had gone crazy and forced ourselves to adapt the situation for few years to be get used of it. At that time, I swear to myself, in the future I would like to be the person who is able to provide a better living to my family, especially my mom. That’s why I choose architecture course. In a rational thinking, I do agree that architect has more income, but at the same time architect pays a lot to gain the income. By the way, that is just my secondary reason. My main reason is I wana design my own house for my family to live in the sense of comfort. That is my dream and I believe it will be the reality in one day too!

My house inspires me, affects me, and influences me a lot…unfortunately I had to move to new house…because before my dad passed away, my parents had bought a new house at 2005, although not willing to shift, somehow that is a fact. As a positive thinking, we have to look forward in our life. The new house is a bigger one, a nicer one, but somehow…There is a person missing…HE can’t share with us…Anyway, I believe his soul and spirit will always with us all the way…


No comments:

Post a Comment